Scholarship Value $6,000
Number of Scholarships 10
Up to ten scholarships will be awarded. Each scholarship award will be between $1,000 - $6,000
A) Must be pursuing, or plan to pursue, a degree with a focus on cybersecurity or information assurance."
B) You may be a senior in high school, an undergraduate student, graduate or post graduate student to be eligible."
C) GPA must be at least 3.3 on a 4.0 scale (or an analogous rank based on a comparable scale).
D) You may be a citizen of any country (US citizenship not required).
E) May be attending on campus or online.
F) May be attending full time or part time
G) May be attending in the US or Internationally
H) You do not currently need to be enrolled, however no awards will be disbursed until the recipient is enrolled in a college or university.
I) If awarded: the funds will be sent to the school with instructions that it be applied to tuition, fees and books.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
A) Unofficial transcripts from your current (or most recent) educational institution. If awarded; no funds will be disbursed until official transcripts have been received.
B) One Letter of Recommendation outlining the following:
1) How long have you known the applicant and in what capacity?
2) What skills or abilities does the applicant have that will support him/her in completing a degree?
3) What other information about the applicant should be taken into consideration?
4) NOTE: Academic references are preferred; however, you may submit a professional letter of reference addressing the points above.
C) Resume/CV – No more than 3 pages maximum. Do not include links to publications.
D) Essay questions to be filled out in application::
1) Tell us why you should be chosen to receive this women's cybersecurity scholarship and what makes you stand out from your peers?
2) Describe why you need the scholarship.
3) Describe your personal and education backgrounds.
4) What - or who - inspired you to pursue a career in cybersecurity? What makes you a candidate for success in information security and what are your goals for your professional career.
5) When you graduate and secure a career in our industry, what steps can you take to "pay it forward" by supporting other women (currently in school, recent graduates, mid career transition) new to our field?
6) Describe any contributions to the cybersecurity field i.e., volunteer work, articles, etc., and any other hobbies or extracurricular activities and what they mean to you. (Do not include links to articles)
Applicants will be scored by members of (ISC)² and scholarship sponsors (if applicable). Scoring will be based upon three categories:
C) Financial Need