Scholarship Value $5,000
Number of Scholarships 31
Tuition, books, living expenses — education can be a big investment. But it’s an investment in your future, and we don’t want the cost to stand in your way. That’s why Prospera provides education grants to post-secondary students every year.
Credit Union Foundation of BC Bursary Program
Throughout the year, the Credit Union Foundation of BC Bursary Program disburses awards to deserving post-secondary students in need of financial assistance to complete their course of studies. There are three application periods each year:
Winter: January 1 – February 15
Spring: May 1 – June 15
Fall: September 1 – October 15
You can apply to the Credit Union Foundation of BC Bursary Program if:
- You can demonstrate financial need
- You reside in BC and are a Canadian citizen, permanent resident of Canada, or designated protected person
- You have proof of post-secondary enrolment when you apply
- Your program is:
- At a public Canadian post-secondary institution
- Not at the graduate or post-graduate level
Applicants who do not meet the following criteria are not eligible for a bursary.
- All applicants must have a demonstrated financial need.
- Proof of enrolment, tuition payment and transcripts are required.
- A recent letter of reference from a credit union, coach or other individual that speaks to your community involvement and shared credit union values is required.
- Applicants must be BC residents who are Canadian Citizens, a permanent resident of Canada or designated as a protected person.
- Applicants must be in attendance at a public Canadian post-secondary school when the application is submitted.
- Applicants attending accredited private schools will only be considered if the program is not offered at a public school. Applicants must provide a statement as to why they are not attending a public school and provide a receipt for tuition.
- Programs of study may be academic, vocational, technical or technological.
- Graduate and post graduate students are not eligible.