SICA Howard Strong Scholarship Program
Scholarship Value $2,000
Number of Scholarships 5
The SICA Howard Strong Scholarship Program was developed to promote post-secondary education in the construction industry. The scholarship can be applied to tuition, textbooks, and/or other educational purposes for entry into a construction trades apprenticeship or related program.
Regardless of category, all applicants must be a permanent resident within the Southern Interior region of British Columbia. To enter, all applicants will be required to provide:
- An essay demonstrating interest and involvement in the Construction Industry
- A letter of reference from a current employer or instructor. Individuals applying for the Employee Award must submit a letter of reference from a current SICA member
The content of your essay and/or video should aim to address the following questions:
- Why did you choose to pursue a career in construction?
- How will you use your studies to better our region?
- What are the barriers facing students wishing to pursue a career in construction?
- Where do you see the construction industry in 10 years?
All applications will be evaluated based on:
- Academic Achievement (10 points)
- Extracurricular Activity (35 points)
- Essay/Video Answers (55 points)
Total: 100 points
All answers (essay or video) will be graded on:
- Content (20 points)
- Communication (15 points)
- Creativity (10 points)
- Overall Presentation (10 points)
Total: 55 points