Scholarship Value $4,000
Number of Scholarships 1
he Micki MacKenzie Educational Craft Bursary was founded in 2019 by Micki’s husband Murray and their children, Nicole and Ross, as a living memorial to a wonderful woman who possessed an incredible eye for design, craft and the arts of all kinds. Micki gave her time and energy to many community causes and the Crafts Association of British Columbia (now known as the Craft Council of BC) was particularly near and dear to her heart.
Working with Gail Rogers, Executive Director of the CABC from 1974 to 1991 and the CABC Board of Directors, Micki, along with an extraordinary group of individuals, worked countless hours to secure the funds for the construction of the building that is the current home of the Craft Council of BC and CCBC Shop & Gallery. It was a major project with a lasting benefit for craftspeople.
The family is honoured to be able to provide this award in Micki’s name in order to assist individuals in their pursuit of a career in the field of craft and to help promote the development of excellence in crafts in British Columbia.
The award recipient will be asked to submit 3 blogs over the year; make a presentation at the next CCBC AGM on how the award has affected their practice and to donate a piece of their craft to the Micki Mackenzie Collection held by the Mackenzie family.
Overview of Criteria
- this will be a bursary to support an emerging* artist to attend a recognized institution** that offers ***material-based courses. the tuition will be paid directly to the institution and the remainder of the funds will be issued to the artist to be used for supplies.
- the awarded student will be asked to sign a letter of agreement that will indicate their responsibilities after completing the education outlined in their submission, which will include: other choice to deliver a presentation during CCBC’s Art of Craft Lecture series or to mount an exhibition of the resulting art work within a year of completion the provision of a piece of their original artwork to the Micki and Murray MacKenzie Family Foundation (MMMFF)
- the Micki and Murray MacKenzie Family Foundation is managed by the Aqueduct Foundation (RN#86608 7034 RR0001) who will liaise with CCBC each year around the disbursement of the funds
- students will be asked to submit 5 images of their work to date
- a budget outlining how the $4,000 award will be allocated
- a statement detailing which recognized institution** program that they want to attend and how this program will help their artistic career
- a statement outlining their financial need for the bursary
- a current CV