Scholarship Value $22,500
Number of Scholarships 10
One or more scholarships of a minimum of $4,500 per year, up to five years, are awarded to students of exceptional promise entering the University of Victoria directly from British Columbia secondary schools, colleges, and universities; normally two scholarships are reserved for college or university students.
To be automatically renewed a student must have completed a total of 12 or more academic units in any two terms of study between May and April and maintained a grade point average of 7.50/9.00 or higher on the best 12 units. The scholarship is automatically renewed for each year of the student’s full-time study until completion of a first degree or for a maximum of four years, whichever is the shorter period. A student whose grade point average falls below 7.50/9.00 may file a written appeal with the Senate Committee on Awards to seek special consideration for the renewal of the scholarship.
Students registered in a co-op or work experience work-term will automatically be renewed when they next complete 12 or more academic units in two terms, provided they have a grade point average of 7.50/9.00 or higher in the two terms. Any student who takes neither a co-op, work experience work-term, or academic units for more than one term may forfeit their scholarship.
To be eligible for the online entrance/transfer scholarships students must normally:
- Be entering UVic directly from a Canadian secondary school, including international students who are completing a Canadian secondary diploma
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada studying grade 12 outside of Canada
- Be a secondary school graduate – entering UVic within two years of graduation and have not attended another post secondary institution
- Have an 85% admission average or 32 IB points (secondary school students)
- Be entering UVic directly from a Canadian college or university
- Have a 7.5/9.0 (UVic scale) transfer or diploma admission average